Friday, March 25, 2011

Gigi Says the Darndest Things (by Mama)

While in Florida, we went to Whole Foods one day (or a few of the days while there). Gigi wanted to buy a yoyo and a Melissa and Doug craft kit. I was okay with the craft kit, but a yoyo? A little young, I thought. Well, Gigi had to go to the bathroom so we safely put her two items aside along with something I was going to get. When we came back, Gigi insisted on getting them and I said, well, I am not sure we are buying the yoyo. Gigi said, "mama, how would you feel if I took something away from you"? At first, I was defensive and said, "Well, the yoyo isn't really yours. We haven't bought it yet." And, then I asked "How do you think I would feel?" And Gigi said, "I think you would be sad".


Wow, I was impressed. My little sweetie is already able to be persuasive in her reasoning. And, yes, we are the proud owners of a yoyo from Whole Foods.

No comments: