This week, we started swimming lessons....EVERY day. The first day, I almost had my clothes off before we got there.
I couldn't wait. We were early and I dipped my toes in the water.
And, then I waited and waited on my Hello Kitty towel ... "Is it my turn?" I asked mama.

And, then it was my turn. This is Coach Syd. The other Coach's name was Gabrielle. I swam with both of them and we played a game with a pool toy. I was a little scared, but it was fun.
I cried a little.
But I told Mama at night that I had fun and was ready to go again tomorrow.
As the week went on, I became more scared....I didn't want to go in the water. I swam for a total of 2 1/2 hours all week, but spent a lot of time on the step because I insisted that we goback to the step. Mama doesn't know if it is because I am swimming with different people every day (which is the way this swim school gives lessons) or if it is trusting strangers even if it is the same person or if things have just changed since last year when I loved the pool and jumped into Daddy's arms every day....whatever it is, on Friday, I cried almost the entire lesson. So, for now, we are going to get to a pool with Mama and Daddy to get me more comfortable before going back to "lessons"...

No comments:
Post a Comment