Saturday, July 23, 2011

We love and miss you, Mema

Last Friday, Mama told me that Mema's body stopped working. I knew that it wasn't working well, but that didn't matter to me. I loved spending time with her. Over the last year, we went to visit Mema and Pepa in Florida five times. Jordan is getting to be an expert flier and has more miles than most 1 year olds. During our visits, I watched some shows with Mema, went out to restaurants, went to the pool, hugged her and rested with her in bed. I love Mema forever.

From Mama....We will all miss Mema deeply. She had a love for Gigi and Jordan that many people only wish they had from a grandmother. I will always think of Mema when I post updates to the blog because although we started the blog as a way to provide Gigi (and later, Jordan) a way to look back at their lives when they are older, it became a way to let our family into our day to day given that they all live so far away. Mema would check the blog many times a day to see the same picture or to see if new pictures have been posted. When too much time passed, I would get a gentle reminder that she would love to see more pictures. Once we became Skype experts, the need to see the pictures was less because we were able to visit almost live via Skype. Rest in peace, Mema. We love you.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh, I'm so sad to read this. I'm so sorry for your loss!

Kate said...

Sounds like Mema was a very special lady and you guys were so lucky to have her in your lives. I am so sorry for your loss.

Kate