Wednesday, May 5, 2010

My new school

This week was my first week at my new school! I am going 3 days from 9 - 12:30. Mama took me the first two days. She stayed with me in the yard for a little bit and then we went inside for storytime...


...here is "piggy" the Guinea Pig. I love him...

...anyway, when we went in for storytime, Mama had to give the teacher her phone number. Before I knew it, she was gone (I didn't notice). Mama felt bad that she didn't give me a kiss goodbye, but I was so attentive to the story that she was worried a kiss goodbye would be too upsetting. The teacher told Mama that I did great other than a short cry at around 11:30.


This is why my school is called "The Treehouse School"....it is so much fun to play in the treehouse.
This is me on my second day. I love bringing my lunchbox. I feel so grown up!

On my second day, I didn't do as well. Mama said goodbye to me with a hug and kiss and I cried....I cried on and off for awhile, but when Mama asked if I had fun when she came home from work, I said "YES!"


Today was my third day....I told Mama that I wanted her to go to work and I wanted Daddy to take me to school...Mama had to drive me and Daddy met us there (Mama told me that her car is safer for me). I wasn't happy when Daddy put me in Mama's car because I wanted to go with Daddy. When we arrived and mama went to open her door, I told her "No, I will wait for Daddy. You go to work."
Well, Daddy and I walked into the school (Mama was behind because she had to drop a few things off). I showed Daddy around and we went to play a little.
Has anyone caught on to why I wanted Daddy to go with me? Mama figured it out right away... so, Mama took me to the bathroom and we were talking. I told her that Daddy was going to stay with me and she could go to work. Mama explained that both Mama and Daddy were going to work and then very soon, Grace would pick me up. I didn't like that idea....so I told her I wanted Daddy to go to work. I gave Daddy a big hug and off he went. Mama and I went into the yard and about 10 minutes later, she asked for a hug so she could go to work. I started crying and said over and over through my tears "I changed my mind....I changed my mind". I wouldn't give Mama a hug because I didn't want her to leave.
In the end, I had a great, fun day once I got over Mama's departure. We had a Cinco de Mayo Fiesta. I made a headband to wear and Grace came early for the party. There was a pinata and yummy food and I spent time with my new friends.

No comments: