Thursday, July 9, 2009

Mallorca, Part I - Cortado, Plane/Bus, Spanish Picnic and Swimming


This morning, we had to leave Barcelona (sounds like punishment?) to go to Mallorca. Both places are amazing, so really no complaints here. We stopped for a quick "cortado" (Spanish coffee with a little milk) and off we went. We traveled on the plane with Michael and Mariangels and Berta and her Mommy and Daddy. Berta lucked out in coming. Her Mommy and Daddy were going to leave her home with her older brother and sister, but since they took the older brother and sister to Euro Disney the weekend before, she had been very clingy. She didn't want them to leave her, so off she went with us. Lucky me! (Note to self: use this manipulative behavior in the future if necessary).
Here are Berta and me on the bus from the airplane to the airport.


Ahhhh. Mallorca. We rented a car once we arrived in Mallorca. Only problem was that Michael gave us the hotel brochure but there wasn't an address! Thankfully, Daddy had his GPS and sort of remembered the name of the town. We finally found it, with a little work.
Here we are having a little Spanish picnic on our patio before going swimming.



And, a little after lunch reading.



And, then THE POOL. I love the pool. I kept jumping in off the ledge and rode in my "boat" and this pink raft.




1 comment:

Jenny said...

Catching up on your posts and I must say, you are quite the little girl of the world..Spain! How wonderfully exciting!! All the new things you get to try and experience. I must say you looked 'simplemente hermoso'.